Cook Family Cemetery 33.57289N 84.16580W Landlot 100 11th d.
This is a very old family cemetery located east of Stockbridge on Hwy 138 near Sims Rd. The cemetery
is on the property of a private residence. The cemetery is well maintained as viewed from aerial photo’s
provided by the County. There is a veteran of the War of 1812 here as well as veterans of the
Confederacy. Below are the names of those buried at the small cemetery.
1. Caroline Cook 1829-?
2. Infant Cook son 1890-1890
3. Mary Lang Cook 1807-1849
4. Sarah J. Cook 1833-1867
5. Isadora Tanner 1871-1873
6. Laura Frances Tanner 1869-1871
7. Jabez Floyd Cook 1839-1865 Pvt. Co. G 19th GA CSA wounded
8. John Cook 1791-1875 Pvt. GA Militia War of 1812
9. John Henry Cook 1827-1911 Pvt. Co. C 63rd GA Inf. CSA
10. William Cook 1831-1865 Pvt. Co. I 44th GA CSA POW 1864 at Spotsylvania Court House, VA sent
to Fort Delaware, DE Died of smallpox 2/16/1865