Former Locust Grove Baptist Church Cem  GPS 33 21.052N 84 06.746W El 854ft

This very old cemetery was begun when this church site was first know as the Indian Creek Baptist
Church which had been moved from it's previous site. The church
was later known as the Locust Grove Baptist Church.  Today the building and property are owned by
the Henry County Parks and Rec. Dept.  The old cemetery has many of
the early settlers of the area buried there.  There are some CSA soldiers here that
still have the original Southern Cross of Honor markers on their graves.  This is also
the resting place of one of our staff members ancestors.  He arrived in Henry County
around 1840 from NE Georgia.  This cemetery is in good condition.  Some of the graves do need
some repair though.  It should not be in any danger of development.